The Site, Contributions and Collaborations
By using the Site, You agree to the following:
- IDEO and Riverdale may retain and use the personal information that you register on the Site. Each User has a profile (“My Profile”) which is self managed. As part of My Profile, IDEO and Riverdale can derive a profile of you (the “Design Quotient” or “DQ”) based solely on your use of the Site.
- Your DQ is derived from your Contributions (research, ideas, comments and evaluations) and other User’s feedback on your Contributions, and your applauding of other User’s Contributions (an “Applause”). You can access your DQ at all times on the Site.
- My Profile is i) created when registering on the Site (first name, email address, username and password), ii) added to at will by the User, and iii) includes the DQ.
- You consent to other Users adding you as a member of a Team for a idea and you acknowledge that you will receive no authorship in the idea. You will receive a Notification (defined hereunder) if you become a member of a Team and you will be able to reply opting out of the Team. Your Contribution on this Site is i) entirely voluntary, non-confidential and gratuitous; ii) visible to all other Users, and iii) is retained by IDEO and Riverdale and used for the purposes of the Site and Collaborations.
- Collaborations on the Site will be set, moderated, administered and managed by IDEO and Riverdale together with another identified organization acting as host of the Collaboration (the “Collaboration Host”). The Collaboration Host is often identified on the Site as “host” together with their name and logo, and is always identified in each Collaboration.
- You place no restrictions on your Contributions and grant permission to IDEO, Riverdale and the Collaboration Host to process and evaluate your Contribution(s) along with other Entrants for the purposes of the Collaboration and their own evaluation purposes. You do not limit or in any way restrict IDEO and Riverdale ’s, a Collaboration Host’s or User’s right to reproduce and publish your Contribution(s).
- You will not receive any payment or reward for your Contribution. However, individual Collaborations may have rewards for successful Entrants which will be part of the Collaboration communications.
- IDEO and Riverdale may approach you through the Site to further pursue any Contribution or invite you to contribute to Collaborations.
IDEO and Riverdale undertake:
- Not to divulge your personal information, Contributions or DQ for marketing or advertising purposes for itself or third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, when you sign up to be a User, you will be subscribed to our email list but you may unsubscribe at any time.
- To act ethically and openly with all Users of the Site and to remove any Contributions that clearly may offend Users.
- To have the same arrangements in place with Collaboration Hosts in the same way that IDEO and Riverdale set, administer, moderate and manage Collaborations.
BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE AND BY CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BOX WHEN SIGNING UP, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FORM A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) BETWEEN YOU AND IDEO AND RIVERDALE , AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
You will receive email messages (the “Notifications”) from the Site to the email address in your My Profile with the purpose of (i) informing you of your and other Entrant’s activities relating to Collaborations that you are following, and (ii) sending you an email informing you of new Collaborations and other related matters. You can opt out of the former Notifications in My Profile, and the latter by using the “unsubscribe” facility in the email.
If you are using the Site on behalf of an entity, you further represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative with the authority to bind such entity.
Grant and Restrictions on Use
The Site is owned and operated by IDEO and Riverdale . The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software (including any downloadable software), services, and all other elements of the Site provided by IDEO and Riverdale (the “Materials”) are protected by copyright, trade dress, author’s rights, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for any Contributions and content submitted by you and other Users and Entrants, all Materials contained on the Site are the copyrighted property of IDEO, Riverdale or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or Collaboration Hosts, or third–party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to IDEO and Riverdale or its affiliates or Collaboration Hosts and/or third party licensors.
IDEO and Riverdale grant you a non-exclusive, revocable right to use the Site for its intended purpose provided that you do not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials.
Users are granted the use of User Contributions as stated in this Agreement, and the use of any content contained in the User Contributions will be entirely at your own risk, for which neither IDEO and Riverdale nor the Collaboration Host shall be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any content from the Contribution you wish to use or develop is suitable for your specific requirements.
While IDEO and Riverdale endeavour to ensure that this Site is available at all times, IDEO and Riverdale shall not be liable if, for any reason, this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Acceptable Use Policy
The Site enables you to submit, post, and share information and content with IDEO and Riverdale , Collaboration Hosts and other Users and Entrants, as further described hereunder. You must be a registered User and an Entrant to submit any Contributions to the Site.
If you are a User and want to submit your Contribution to a Collaboration it must be in accordance with Collaboration guidelines outlined when you submit to the Collaboration and become an Entrant. You are able to update your Contribution at any time, but you are not able to edit or remove it.
IDEO and Riverdale do not want to receive through this Site any confidential or proprietary information or materials otherwise subject to use restrictions. You understand that all Contributions, as well as your username and User photo/image (if uploaded to My Profile and made visible to other Users), will be deemed public and not confidential.
It is not necessary to fulfill the purpose of the Site and/or a Collaboration for a User or Entrant to disclose personally identifiable information and IDEO and Riverdale advise against such. It is each User’s decision as to whether they add personal information to My Profile or upload a photograph of themselves and to opt to make these visible to other Users as part of My Profile.
Unless expressly authorised in Collaboration Rules or on the Site, you are prohibited from posting or transmitting any “sensitive” personally identifiable information over the Site, which may include, but not be limited to, any information about yourself or another person that may relate to health or medical conditions, social security numbers or national identifiers, credit card, bank account or other financial information, other information concerning trade union membership, sex life, political opinions, criminal charges or convictions, religious or philosophical beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, or other sensitive matters.
You are also prohibited from:
- using the Site to send or post harassing, abusive, or threatening messages;
- transmitting through the Site any information, data, text, files, links, images, software, or other materials that IDEO and Riverdale consider to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or which threatens our relationships with our Users, partners, customers or suppliers and Collaboration Hosts;
- attempting to conceal or misrepresent the identity of the sender, user or person submitting the information, or impersonate any individual (real names, e-mail addresses and other information must be used);
- disrupting the normal flow of the Site, including any dialogue on the Site or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Users; or post any unsolicited chain letters, advertising, promotional materials, contests, or any other commercial or non-commercial solicitations;
- sending spam or other direct marketing communications or posting, transmitting or linking to any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation or commercial content;
- intentionally or unintentionally performing or promoting any activity that would violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing the Site;
- posting or transmitting executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, trojan horses, easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming;
- posting Contributions or using the Site in such a way that damages the image or rights of IDEO and Riverdale , Collaboration Hosts, other Users, and third parties, including posting Contributions that breach the copyright (or other proprietary rights) of third parties; and
- from creating any frames at any other websites pertaining to any portion(s) of this Site.
Your Contribution to IDEO and Riverdale on this Site is entirely voluntary, non-confidential and gratuitous. You grant to IDEO and Riverdale and its designees, such as a Collaboration Host, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive fully-paid up and royalty-free worldwide license to use any ideas, expression of ideas, Contributions or other materials you submit on this Site without restrictions of any kind and without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party.
The license shall include, without limitation, the irrevocable right to reproduce, prepare derivative works (e.g. a publication recording and celebrating a Collaboration), combine with other works, alter, translate, distribute copies, display, perform, license the Contribution or parts thereof, and all rights therein, in the name of IDEO and Riverdale , or its designees throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media now or hereafter known.
In return for IDEO and Riverdale ’s or a Collaboration Host’s review and consideration of your Contribution, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the conditions listed hereunder, and further agree that these terms shall apply, until such time as IDEO and Riverdale otherwise agree in writing, to any additional Contribution, update to Contributions or content previously or later submitted.
- You represent and warrant that you are the owner of all Contributions and have all legal right and authority to grant IDEO, Riverdale and Collaboration Hosts the license and rights set forth herein. All necessary licenses, permissions, releases and consents required (including without limitation, privacy releases and/or publicity releases necessary for Contributions depicting people, products, businesses, or other content) have been obtained for you to grant the licenses contained herein.
- Your Contribution represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose your Contribution to IDEO, Riverdale and Collaboration Hosts and in doing so IDEO, Riverdale ’s or Collaboration Host’s review and/or use of your Contribution, will not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon any other individual’s or entity’s rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your Contribution to IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host to treat your Contribution (or any related content) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your Contribution and that, unless explicitly stated in the Collaboration Rules, no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Contribution, related Contributions or Contributions derived from your Contribution. You understand that IDEO and Riverdale or a Collaboration Host assumes no obligation with respect to any Contribution.
- You acknowledge that IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host, directly or indirectly, may be working on the same Contribution or a similar Contribution to your Contribution, or already know of such Contribution from other sources. You also understand that other Users may be working on the same or a similar Contribution.
- You agree that (except to the extent that these terms are superseded by a separate agreement in writing by you and IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host) you hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge IDEO, Riverdale and a Collaboration Host from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against IDEO, Riverdale and a Collaboration Host and their affiliates and subsidiaries or their respective successors and assigns with respect to your Contribution, including without limitation in respect of how IDEO and Riverdale or a Collaboration Host directly or indirectly use your Contribution.
- In operating the Site, IDEO and Riverdale may act as a “services provider” as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and offer services as online provider of materials and links to third-party websites. IDEO and Riverdale ’s procedures with respect to the DMCA Procedure and alleged copyright infringement can be reviewed here and you agree to comply with IDEO and Riverdale ’s requirements with this respect.
- If you are viewing this Site(s) on a public computer or are otherwise using a computer to which multiple people have potential access, you agree to follow good practice and ensure that you are sufficiently disconnected and logged off this Site(s) and the computer system you are using to prevent unauthorised Contributions.
- You agree that IDEO, Riverdale or a Collaboration Host shall not be responsible for any fees that are or become payable as a result of the copying, distribution or display of the Contributions, including without limitation fees: (i) for any images or video recording embodied in the Contributions; (ii) for any composition or underlying works embodied in any Contributions; or (iii) to any actor, model, writer, creator, composer, artist or artist affiliated entity.
- IDEO and Riverdale retains the right to review, edit or delete from the Site any Contribution, which IDEO and Riverdale in its sole discretion, or in consultation with a Collaboration Host as necessary, considers illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
IDEO and Riverdale will use behavior analytics to drive site performance, including process, review, copy, report and/or distribute Analytic Quotient. “Analytic Quotient Information” as used in these Terms means data generated by the Software including but not limited to:
- Participation levels of Users by category (including but not limited to: organizational department; seniority; gender);
- Industry sector of Site Controller;Size of Site Controller entity by number of Users of the Software, turnover or number of employeesLevel and nature of collaboration between Users;
- Level and format of device impact of Users (such as desktop computer, mobile device);Time spent by Users on Customer Site.
- Behavior of Users on individual functions of the Software, and any feature of the Customer Site; Impact of bugs or Software errors on User activity.
Where Analytic Quotient Information is disclosed to or accessed by any third party (except IDEO and Riverdale subcontractors including third party providers of tools who may have access), any personally identifiable information will be anonymised and aggregated.
Communications to the Site Administrator
The Site has the following means of communication to IDEO and Riverdale as administrator of the Site(s) and/or Collaboration:
- ‘Contact Us’ and ‘Give us your feedback’ enables you to send an email directly to the administrator of the Site.
- ‘Report this’ is available for every comment, Contribution and My Profile and allows any User or Entrant to point out content, Contributions, postings or messages that the User or Entrant regards as offensive or damaging.
‘Report this’ or 'Report' or 'Report this item' enables you to notify IDEO and Riverdale of offensive or damaging content, Contributions, postings or messages and allows IDEO and Riverdale to decide the course of action. IDEO and Riverdale , in consultation with the Collaboration Host as necessary, have the right to remove material it considers offensive to Users and Entrants, and/or suspend a User’s registration.
Should three Users or Entrants report the same content, Contributions, postings or messages as offensive or damaging it is immediately “unpublished” from the Site and IDEO and Riverdale will contact the User and decide the course of action as above, including that the material is republished on the Site.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, IDEO, Riverdale , a Collaboration Host, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Site) and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of IDEO, Riverdale and of Collaboration Hosts exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damage arising from or connected in any way to business interruption and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence, contract or otherwise)) in connection with the Site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Site, any websites linked to the Site, or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that affect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing the Site, uploading your Contribution(s), or your downloading of any material from the Site or any website linked to the Site.
IDEO and Riverdale and the IDEO and Riverdale logos are the trademarks of IDEO and Riverdale. All other trademarks, service marks, domain names, logos and company names referred to on this Site are either trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, domain names, logos, company names of or are otherwise the property of IDEO, Riverdale,, or Collaboration Hosts or other participating parties. IDEO, Riverdale and Collaboration Hosts claim rights associated with unregistered trademarks, service marks, domain names, logos, and company names. Other product or company names referred to on this Site may be trademarks of the Collaboration Host or their respective owners, partners or participating parties. You may not use any trademark, service mark, domain name, logo, or company name of IDEO, Riverdale or Collaboration Host or any third party without permission from the owner of the applicable trademark, service mark, domain name, logo or company name.