Hashtags can provide an instant community no matter where your students move on to. This project is student-initiated, doesn’t take a lot of time, and utilizes something students are already doing- posting on social media. Help your group, class, or school stay connected by creating a collective hashtag for them to use on social media.
How you can get started:
- Talk with your student body about using social media to stay in touch after high school.
- Give agency to students to suggest and vote on a unique #hashtag to use.
- Make it a contest!
- Stream the images and videos at the end of year events!
- Share this new hashtag with the student body using posters and in the school news.
- Encourage students to try out the hashtag during end of the year events, through summer, and beyond.