1. Set the tone for concepts of engineering, creating, and innovation with a read aloud (possibly Rosie Revere Engineer).
2. Invite students to make suggestions to arranging the classroom via an anonymous suggestion box.
3. Gather popular and reasonable ideas and create small groups.
4. Teacher shows example diorama and gives supplies to small groups to build their design.
5. Groups present their prototypes to the class for an anonymous vote.
6. Class discusses the winning prototype and sets goals to make modifications to the classroom.
7. Repeat as necessary.