The New York City Department of Education is embarking on a year long design journey to bring to life teacher-created solutions that meet the evolving needs of students. The design journey has begun and teachers spent the first few weeks collecting empathy insights from students across the four participating schools to form the How Might We question.
Join NYC - District 11 and The Teachers Guild to design what it might look like to redesign classrooms in the Bronx to feel joyful and inspire a sense of wonder and belonging.
Below are the Opportunity Areas for design:
- Instructional design
- Physical space
- School rituals and routines
- Data cycles and assessment
- Community connections
Submit your ideas before the Innovation Summit on December 13, where we will celebrate teacher-created ideas and select favorites to continue to build in the Spring.
- Run a brainstorm. Gather friends and colleagues and start ideating!
- Contribute. Share new ideas, half-baked ideas, or your best ideas from your classroom.
- Refine. Build on the ideas of others.
- Reach out to Eileen Murphy (PS 169), Jenna Basilone (PS 41 ) or Diane Tenglia (PS 153 ) or Karen Heil (PS 175) at email@example.com.