Joining a new school can be a scary experience, especially for elementary grades. Who are these kids, what's the lunch room like, what should I know to help me make it through my day that they don't tell me in the office. Who better to explain a day in the life of a student, than the students! Teams of students, or student leaders can help create a welcome video for the school. While I haven't helped organize this project in real life, I would imagine a separate video for each grade level. The students could highlight the parts of the school such as:
- the route from the doors to that grade level section
- features of rooms in that grade level
- a run down of their daily schedule
- interviews of students in that grade about why their grade is fun
- how they get to the lunchroom/recess
- special grade level features
Videos could be emailed to families or shared on school websites.