1. The students choose one adult in the building that they trust to talk to.
2. Students and teachers can communicate back and forth by letters, online, etc.
3. Once a month on an advisement Friday morning, students have the option to go visit their Caring Adult in the Building to catch up in person.
4. The Teacher uses that time to learn new things about the students, and share pertinent information with the student's other teachers.
5. This allows the students to relate to the adults and know that they care. Therefore students are more willing to learn.