Gwinnett County Public Schools is embarking on a year long design journey to bring to life
teacher-created solutions that meet the evolving needs of students. The design journey began with over 75+ teachers collecting empathy insights from students across four schools to form the How Might We question.
Our students want to feel known and heard and want their learning to match their goals and interests. Our How Might We question explores how we might bring in student experience, identity and interests to redesign learning experiences in any of the opportunity areas below:
- Instructional design
- Physical space
- School rituals and routines
- Data cycles and assessment
- Community connections
As you are designing you might also consider:
- Putting student experiences at the center
- Designing for students in the margins
- Honoring students’ identities
- Celebrating students' cultures
Submit your ideas before the Innovation Summit on December 16, where we will celebrate teacher-created ideas and select favorites to continue to build in the Spring.
- Run a brainstorm. Gather friends and colleagues and start ideating!
- Contribute. Share new ideas, half-baked ideas, or your best ideas from your classroom.
- Refine. Build on the ideas of others.
- Reach out to Amy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Richelle (email@example.com) - The Senior Design Leads for Gwinnett Public Schools.