Develop a set of questions that feel relevant to your context. Make sure they get at how students are being supported to develop and share their unique voice in the school. Get a group of students and/or colleagues together to engage in the critical conversation. Set up norms. Explain what you are hoping to learn and how you want to channel insights into a plan. Starter questions might be:
- How is student voice supported at this school?
- Which students typically exercise their voice? Who doesn’t?
- Which students typically receive the most positive feedback? And the most negative feedback?
- How might we better support students to share their perspectives about their classrooms and the school?
- How inclusive is our environment? How might we build inclusive classrooms?
You can print off this Hacktivity here.