- Find a student to shadow + ask for permission. Share your goals with them!
- OBSERVE WITH CARE. Imagine yourself in the student’s shoes.
- TAKE PHOTOS + CAPTURE QUOTES: With permission, take some photos and capture direct quotes to share back later.
- NOTICE SURROUNDINGS: What is the student’s body language telling you? When are they most animated? When are they most reserved? What emotions are they revealing? Are there inconsistencies between what the student says and what the student does?:
- How did it feel to be a student
- What was the best moment? What was the most challenging moment
- What early ideas or new insights did shadowing spark?
Share your pledge to shadow a student with us: I’m shadowing a student to get at deep empathy with @TeachersGuild #TGuild
You can print off this Hacktivity here!