- Ask why. Then ask it again (and again).
- Solicit stories. “Tell me the last time you...”
- Stay neutral. Avoid offering up too much of your own perspective.
- Sit with the silence. Sometimes it takes a while to answer a tough question.
- TAKE PHOTOS. With permission, take some photos to help others learn from your experience.
- CAPTURE DIRECT QUOTES. Help share what you heard - capture direct quotes.
- Introduce yourself
- Explain the purpose of the interview
- Build Rapport
- Solicit stories
- Pull back
- [optional] Take photos: portrait, artifact, environment
- Thank you
- Identify a student, parents, colleague or community member you’d like to interview.
- Coordinate a time.
- Map out your questions ahead of time
- Share back in The Discover phase afterwards!
You can print off this Hacktivity here!