MARS Roaming Rovers
“I think this project is also enhancing current STEM education and making STEM education real world applicable it is such a great point about the work you are doing!!!!! LOVING THIS!” - Skyler Rossacci, SBISD
Supporting student learning, the building, and problem-solving of the real world race to colonize Mars for human life!
- Students gain greater insight on the planet
- Students will research the atmosphere and surface of Mars to discover challenges for human survival on the planet.
- Students collaborate & problem-solve with peers to build a community of future Mars residents
- Students will have opportunities to visit sites that house designers & builders of space rockets; they’ll participate in discussion and questioning sessions with experts
- actively learn from & communicate with experts currently working on the mission/path to Mars
- Using the design thinking processes, students will create Rovers
- access to field experts; astronauts; NASA workers; and other professionals currently working on missions to Mars (SpaceX)
- participate in activities that prepare humans for a mission to Mars
We are actively preparing for missions to Mars but the generation most likely to get us there are in our classrooms now. Our gap is between those currently working on the missions and those who will physically colonize and live there.